FI/CUI International Student Ministry Ireland
Staff Worker (Belfast) Vacancy
Friends International (FI) and Christian Unions Ireland (CUI, formerly IFES Ireland), as partners in the International Student Ministry Ireland Project, are looking for a Belfast Staff Worker.
You will fulfil a vital role in developing international student ministries with and alongside evangelical churches in the city and wider area, including Jordanstown. This will involve mobilising volunteers and liaising with church leaders to take the ministry forward. Personal evangelism and discipleship with international students will also be a key component of the work, as you seek to provide a model for others.
You will be:
• Educated to degree level or its equivalent, desirably in Theology or Mission
• Experienced in and passionate about cross–cultural ministry
• Experience in international student ministry is desirable
• A visionary able to think strategically
• A team builder with gifts of encouragement and pastoral care
• An effective communicator
• A self–starter, able to manage time and resources well
• An active member of your local church
• Committed to pursuing unity and building bridges across the evangelical spectrum
• Able to demonstrate awareness and knowledge of the Belfast church context
• Committed to the FI/CUI all–Ireland Project, recognising the strategic opportunities available in partnering alongside local churches and Christian Unions
• Willing to raise personal support from churches and individuals
Specific responsibilities include:
• Envisioning, partnering and resourcing Belfast/Jordanstown churches and CUs to have a passion and commitment to international student ministry and to carry out such a ministry with integrity and excellence.
• To facilitate greater communication and co–ordination across the numerous ISM ministries, churches and CUs in the Belfast and Jordanstown areas, with support from the Belfast Development Group.
• Developing already established Friends International led activities to further its mission in Belfast and Jordanstown, such as international cafés etc.
• To chair and oversee the Belfast iWelcome Planning Group which organises welcome programmes in September and January for newly arriving international students.
• Pioneering new opportunities for mission among international students in the Belfast and Jordanstown areas with a view to grow and expand the ministry.
• Working alongside the Belfast Development Group and investing in healthy and respectful relationships with local church leaders and volunteers.
• Supporting and developing the ISM Ireland Project and partnership with CUI and the Christian Unions to undertake international student ministry, including conferences, supporting and resourcing CU International Secretaries, Mission weeks etc.
• Contributing to the wider Friends International Ireland strategy and wider team.
Hours: Up to full–time, dependent on degree of personal support. Partial local funding may be available as an initial base for further support–raising (details on request).
Salary: Dependent on hours, but pro rata of full time salary (£22,463 p.a. for a 35–hour week).
For more information please email your CV to Diane Smith:
Email: email@example.com Tel:01920 460006