Director, Christian Unions Ireland
The future of Christianity in Ireland will be shaped in no small part by the witness and ministry of Christian students in university and college campuses throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Christian Unions Ireland (CUI) is a stable and growing movement. Our mission is to inspire and equip students to become passionate lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Today we work on most campuses and colleges in Ireland, through our network of Christian Unions. We encourage and help our CUs to be mission teams on campus, living out the Christian Gospel.
We are now looking for the person to lead Christian Unions Ireland into the next chapter of its history.
The Director of Christian Unions Ireland is responsible for:
- Development and implementation of Christian Unions Ireland’s strategic goals;
- Leadership of the staff team;
- Development of relationships with supporters,
- Maintenance of a persuasive Christian voice in wider culture.
The Director will have:
- A clear commitment to Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord;
- The highest degree of integrity, discretion, professionalism and personal maturity;
- Significant experience of Christian ministry and recent involvement with students;
- Highly developed leadership qualities and abilities in strategic thinking and planning;
- Experience of empowering, developing, mentoring and motivating others in Christian ministry;
- Excellent Project Management skills needed to deliver Public events and increase contact with supporters;
- Effectiveness in public speaking, Bible teaching and written communication;
- Sound theological knowledge, balance and discernment;
- An appreciation of the political, cultural and religious context in which Christian Unions Ireland works.
The Director will be committed to the doctrinal basis, and the vision, mission and values, of Christian Unions Ireland.
Further details about this important opportunity may be found in the application pack, which can be obtained by contacting our Belfast office by email to Sally@cui.ie or by phone (028 90667672).
Please note that the closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm on 16th April 2018. Application forms should be returned by email (preferred), or by post to Christian Unions Ireland (FAO Head of Office), Café Grace, 12–14 Elmwood Avenue, Belfast, BT9 6AY.